My name is Petr Odehnal (but you can call me Pete). You may have noticed that my name is spelled differently than you are used to. This is not a typo, but rather a result of being born in Czechoslovakia (now the Czech Republic). My family immigrated to the Bay Area when I was 2 years old, and I have been living here ever since. My current home is in the foggy Outer Sunset district of San Francisco.
EKHO INC., San Rafael, California 2013-Present
Lead Frontend Application Developer, NodeJS Fullstack Developer, UX/UI Designer
Ekho Inc., is a big data startup that develops a cloud based data aggregation and augmentation platform. As the Lead Frontend Developer I own the user facing portions of our flagship application EkhoFocus, which are written in AngularJS, Sass, and D3.js. In addition I have been the sole developer and designer of a full stack Node.js application, and several “mini” applications that leverage our API’s
- Lead Frontend Developer on our flagship application EkhoFocus.
- UX designer and Lead Full Stack Developer on 4 smaller applications that leverage our API’s.
- Secretary of the Engineering circle, leading Scrum and Tactical meetings for a team of 7 developers on 2 continents.
- Responsible for production deploys via GitHub + Jenkins.
- Tech Stack: AWS, Play Framework, Mongo DB, Redis, ElasticSearch, NodeJS (socket server), AngularJS, Sass, D3.
WEBSIGHT DESIGN INC., Sausalito, California 2008-2013
Lead Frontend Web Developer, Web/Mobile Designer, Production Manager.
Websight Design Inc. is an established full-service Internet boutique that services over 300 clients across many industries. My role as the only dedicated frontend developer was to collaborate with managers, designers and backend developers, to efficiently produce websites that were pixel perfect across all browsers/platforms. Often my responsibilities included full/partial web/mobile design, client management, and minor backend development.
- Thrived as a “one person department”, especially in deadline situations that required high levels of collaboration and flexibility.
- Lead Frontend Developer for over 100+ websites including HardRockHotel.com, CaboWabo.com, Fest300.com, and many more.
- Maintained over 300+ websites across multiple platforms including multiple versions of WSD’s proprietary platform (LAMP), Wordpress, Magento, and more.
- Directly managed clients such as Yoshis.com, Fortticonderoga.org, and others.
- Designed Web, Mobile and other UI experiences.
- Interfaced with third party agencies and managed backend developers.
BETTER DEAL LLC, San Diego, California 2005-2008
Sponsored Search Coordinator, Web Presentation Engineer, Web Development Engineer.
Better Deal LLC is a very small Internet marketing firm that generates sales leads via sponsored search marketing. My role was to grow and optimize our mortgage and insurance campaigns as well as researching and developing test verticals into new industries such as online dating, photo sharing and small business loans.
- Created and optimized sponsored search campaigns with over 30,000 keywords and monthly budget over $40,000 spanning all major search engines.
- Performed web analytics and large scale campaign modifications via API access.
- Actively managed publisher accounts with Commission Junction and Linkshare.
- Managed content developers and interfaced with account representatives.
UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA SANTA CRUZ, Santa Cruz, California
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science (graphics), 2005
- Created parametric 3-Dimensional design software.